Autumn 2015 is officially here. As the Fall Equinox approaches, now is the time to start planning your next big adventure. Coconut Club Vacations invites you to come with us as we take a look at the 8 top fall travel tips to help you along the way. Start planning now and make the most of your travels with Coconut Club Vacations.
- Take advantage of what makes it unique in your area – fall is one of the most beautiful seasons to travel in many destinations throughout the country and around the globe. As the colors change, and the harvests begin, a great way to enjoy fall travel is to take advantage of the seasonal events and beauty. Harvest festivals and fall color tours in areas like the East coast are special ways to enjoy an area.
- Plan for bad weather – as winter approaches, the weather can be unpredictable during this time of the year. The best way to avoid issues relating to the weather is to plan for this. If you are driving, plan your route carefully and if you are flying to an area known for hurricanes this time of year, understand what rights you on cancelled plans.
- Know your destination – this is especially important if you are planning for fall color tours. Fall colors peak times change from year to year. Know where you can find the information you need to ensure you are traveling at the right time.
- Head to Europe – if you are looking for great prices for travel in Europe, fall is the time to go. Fall is generally considered the off-season in much of Europe making it less costly and less crowded a win-win for any traveler.
- Pack for the weather – If you are traveling in many areas in fall, temperatures are likely to be a bit unpredictable. For this reason, it is important to pack appropriately. You may have to bring a variety of clothing to suit the changing temperatures depending on your location.
- Know what you are traveling for and choose y our destination wisely – If you are traveling for a specific reason in fall, you will need to choose your destination carefully. For example, for fall colors, try the east coast. For harvest festivals, check out the Midwest. For warm temperatures, try the south and for whales, check out the west coast or Hawaii.
- If traveling with kids find a way to make it educational and make it part of their education – Just because the kids are in school doesn’t mean that vacations have to end and just because you are traveling does not mean it cannot be educational. Bring the two together and make it both fun and educational this fall.
- Safety first – if you are traveling to areas which face bad weather during this time of the year, know how to be safe. If you are traveling to areas which have hurricane warnings or watches, ask what the safety measures are at your hotel. If you are traveling in the mountains, know that the weather can be treacherous and deteriorate quickly. Have an emergency kit with you at all times.
What are your top tips? Share your experiences with us and enjoy travel this fall.